The Shit Can

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I'm planing on taking leave in April but my command is throwing me not so subtle hints that they wont let me go for more than a week or two. I haven't taken vacation in over a year and their going to bust my fucking balls when I finaly do becuase out platoon is undermanned.

Of course the Marine Coprs has a rule that at the end of every fiscal year your aquired leave is reset to 60 days if you have gone over the 60 day mark. At 2.5 days a month I'll be well over my 60 days come October (end of fiscal year) and if I don't start taking it now I'll never have a chance to use it all especially with another Iraq/Afghanistan tour comming up. I should have taken leave earlier while I was stationed overseas, but I refuse to pay the airfare from Okinawa to the States.

Anyway I'm going to be doing alot of running around between flying into The Mouth of Madness (Texas) to see my mother and brother and then running to the other end of the country to pow-wow with my friends back home in Seattle(the entire reason for me taking leave in the first place) before flying all the way back to Fucking Beaufort South Carolina. I'm looking inth the possibility of geting an AMC flight in the back of a C-17 or something from one of the Air Force Bases out here to Fairchild in Texas and then McChord in Seattle, but we'll have to see what happens.

Bitch, Moan and Complain, I know. Here have links:

My Bosses:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/03/general.shoot/index.html
Remeber those Trunk Monkey Videos?
http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/
Topper's Blog:
http://www.topperstravels.blogspot.com/

Also I'm getting some hosting for some video we shot out in Djibouti, in the Horn of Africa, while on deployment. They're not that excting but their worth cheking out. I'll probably just put them on RapidShare, but, eh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home