The Shit Can

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Stolen Sperm and Overpriced Books

...another reason why all men should find women that swallow.

Books that I'm reading right now:

Law School Basics, David Hricik
Dialogues and Natural History of Religion, David Hume
Systematic Theology, vol. 1, Paul Tillich
The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, Tom Wolfe
My Life, Bill Clinton

I don't know why but when I was buying Clinton's book I had this unsettling feeling that I was somehow whoring myself. I felt dirty, and I kind of liked it...

Anyway I've kind of been on a Tom Wolfe bent of late even though I have zero intention of reading I Am Charlotte Simmons any time soon, if ever. I'm generally disgusted with the material and have no desire to dive into The American College Student Stereotype's Wonderful Relentless Carnival of Debauchery and Stupidity. No offense to all my friends that have or are currently in college, your all NOTHING like those people...uh, huh.

Leave me a comment and tell everyone what you're reading right now; I could always use some recommendations seeing as we don't have a lot of heavy readers here on the Air Station.

3 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger tito said...

Normally, I would not leave comments on random people’s blog but when said random people ask for book recommendations then I must oblige.

I recommend anything with Dave Eggers name on it. Overall, that is a bad way to go about it, but the guy writes gold (or silver if you prefer) onto his pages. Read A Heart Breaking Work of Staggering Genius or the Best American Non-Required Reading Books.

I noticed you like the philosophy books, so I assume that you probably enjoy the creative with meaning or thought provoking books. So, I recommend (this is a risky one) Notes from the Underground by Dostoyevsky.

Also, check out the web site (if you haven’t already) www.mcsweeneys.net

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Topper said...

Christ Tom, heavy stuff. I recently read Plan of Attack and the 9/11 commision report, and recommend you read both of them sometime, possible after you are out of the Corps and can't get in trouble for saying something like "RUMSFELD IS A GIGANTIC SHITHEAD AND SHOULD BE REGULATED TO CLEANING BATHROOM STALLS AT BUS STATIONS WITH TONGUE" or something to that effect. BTW, are you just going to skip the high school diploma go straight for the PhD?

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bro, i'm reading noam chomsky's manufacturing consent. it's nothing we don't already know with these retards in control of the media. also, i'm reading secrets of the temple by william greider about how the federal reserve is this renegade operation. lastly, i read strange justice which is about clarence houseboy thomas and the lead up to his coronation.
Vic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home