The Shit Can

Monday, November 13, 2006

Another WTI down

Well I just finished another WTI in the great desert of Arizona. That's what kicks ass about my job: not only do they make you do work you hate in a place that sucks but you do it within reach of the siren's call of independance and modern living. "Sure town is right there, sure we could take you there, but come on! This is the Marine Corps and despite the fact we having nothing going on right now this is "training". Train like you fight." Or whatever.

The other cool thing about being one of the retarded dependant children of the least efficent portion of the goverment is that there is a special class of people whose entire purpose in life is to tell you what to do and in what manner to do it while making them look as good as possible to the bigger fish in their sea. Officers. This last great goverment-sanctioned American aristocracy understands the need to treat its adult "war fighters" like troublesome adolescents in need of some extra supervision. "WTI is over? Got a few days to kill? Sure, have a great time Marines, you earned it! Just sign out with your "liberty buddy" if you want to walk 100 yards to go buy smokes or a bag of Doritos. You want to go out into town? Sure. Just make sure that you take four people, you all sign out, one of you stays sober and you're all back in your rooms by midnight. I hope that you all appreciate this opportunity we're giving you. Oorah?"

When you treat your Marines like children they will act like children. Fact. It's that whole pesky "Oh boy daddy isn't looking! I wonder what we can get away with now?" mentality. I have a massive list of things that pissed me off about this WTI but I'm in a less than acidic mood tonight so I'll skip most of them.

On the upside I did get to meet some really great new people out at WTI this time around as there where only four other Beaufort Marines from our unit there this time. We augmented the main body of the unit which is in Cherry Point so it was alot of new faces and I can now say that except for its geographical location and proximity to the HQ element I wouldn't mind working with the Cherry Point detachment at all. Good folks for the most part. I met a couple Lieutenants that I could tell were decent people underneath the yolk of their rank and one that was so bad she almost ruined that previous moment of Zen for me altogether. Shakespeare invented the word cunt with people like her in mind...and even if he didn't invent it than you still get the point: great word, heinous bitch. Maybe it was Edward de Vere.

Greg, Brian, please don't leave a comment detailing the orgins of the word cunt. Let me have this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home