The Shit Can

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tick-tick Doc, I'm watching the clock.

I can't even get into work, I'm so fucking angry about this shit that even thinking about it makes me apoplectic. Never again will I chain myself to the dictates of another. Ever. Fuck them.

I'm getting my shit in order to get out of the shit heap and move on with my life. I looking into putting in for more than the 2 months of terminal leave than I was already planning on asking for. Something I was not aware of was that the Marine Corps will pay me a monthly housing allowence when I'm on termial leave status as they no longer put me up in a barracks. This muct be a DoD wide thng because the Marine Corps would never go for that without being forced to do so by higher ups in the bureaucratic food chain. This means for me that it makes more sense for my pocketbook and my mental health to take a much in terminal leave as I can as opposed to selling back 40 days and only having 60 left over in terminal leave. I'm looking at something at more like 80-20 depending on how soon I get back from Iraq. The issue is getting this extra terminal signed off on.

Bottom line: this doesn't really mean I'll get back to Washington alot sooner than March. Maybe even April. It does leave me more time to see family and friends on the way back. I expect to split up about 4-6 weeks between South Carolina, Texas, Arizona and California. I'm also entertaining the idea of doing some sight seeing on the East Coast before I head out. DC and Philly maybe. Always wanted to get really fucked up and make poor choices in New York and Boston too. Then again maybe I'll just make a run for it and head West at first chance.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mofo you better come see me too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home