The Shit Can

Friday, March 18, 2005

Southern Comfort

I just finished my two days before I get the rest of the weekend off. I fucking love this part of the month! I had Monday and Tuesday off so I went to Savannah on Tuesday night and got WRECKED. Me and three other guys from my platoon (fuck your proper English) hit up a strip-club where I managed to drink about $150 worth of beer. $3 beers and and $1 tip each round...well you do the math. After that we made our way down to the waterfront area where the city's bars and clubs and all that are. All I really remember is stumbling down the street and trying to pick fights with uniformed Navy guys on liberty. People in Savannah are pussies. We abused these people shamelessly and they just took it. Four drunken Marines trying their best to start a fight and we got nothing. NOTHING. Oh well. At the end of the night after falling out of my buddy's truck a couple times I got "put" back in by my thick-necked friend and ended up passed out upside down. Another successful night.

Reading a couple new books:

James the Brother of Jesus by Robert Eisenmann
and for my Fiction fix I'm re-reading George R. R. Martin's 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series.

Can't really pass judgment on Eisenmann's book yet and I've heard mixed reviews (each side of the spectrum coming from fairly obvious parties) but Martin's writing is first rate, even if you're not a fantasy reader.


My Leave looks good for the 10th to the 26th of April. I'm planning on a week to a week and a half in Seattle and then the rest of the time allotted for visiting family and for travel.

Also: here is a funny flash video from ebaum. It will no doubt be old for all you salty internet warriors but for the rest of the world here.

Have a good weekend and bottoms up!

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://mspujgab.com/vdxd/bgkh.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xjdepmjd.com/geiz/zaqw.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://mspujgab.com/vdxd/bgkh.html | http://yaiqfyzu.com/ylwu/lkwa.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home