The Shit Can

Friday, July 15, 2005

Order Arms

I'm getting of shift a few days ago and getting ready for our debrief after dropping weapons when our Staff Sergeant comes in with the good news/bad news routine. Three days later its Friday and I've spent my past two (and only) days off this week doing rifle drill and marching in 100 degree weather with enough of that Parris Island/Beaufort humidity to choke you. Today is the actual change of command ceremony so at least this is the last of it.

I did get to re-learn something all Marines should know: officers can't drill for shit. We got a prior-enlisted Captain as our platoon commander so he can drill and call a decent cadence but the others are just plain bad.

At least I got to see a Marine throw up then pass out in formation because of the heat. I have to take my kicks where I can get them these days.


My friend Karen has been raving about this game since I showed it to her and it is a pretty good waste of time for those extra stupid days.

1 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tom, i feel like im a celebrity because you mentioned me in your blog. what an honor. i rock that game. 372 is my high score :)... oy, im such a nerd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home