The Shit Can

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Booklist

I've picked up alot of new stuff lately:

Leftism Revisited: From de Sade and Marx to Hilter and Marcuse by Erik von Kuehnelt-Liddehn.
I just started this book and it's great. Most of his works are out of print or hard to find but I found this one on consignment at a used & rare book shop. The copy I have is exchanges Marcuse for Pol Pot in the title. I thimk the diffrence is I have an updated copy but I can't be sure. I'm loving this book and now I'm going to have ot track down his Liberty or Equality? or Amazon.com that motherfucker.

The Oxford History of Greece and Hellenistic World
Again I just got this one and I haven't yet read the whoel thing but it seems so far to be what you would expect of an Oxford History. Not all the chapters are of equal quality but so far so good.

DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman, M.D.
Of good quality and considering the often glaring bias and illegitimacy amoung authors in this field of study Dr. Strassman had written an excellent book, a few contradictory positions and drug-culture mysticism, aside.

A Concise History of Italy by Christopher Duggan
A good but not great history, an easy read. I was pleased overall but am disapointed with the lack of modern context. A good read but a library canidate.

Tolstoy by A.N. Wilson
Found a first editioin in great condition but it's sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read. I'll post an update when I find the room to fit it in.

100 People who are Screwing up America by Bernard Goldberg
Anotehr library canidate. Goldberg's book is a piece of crap but I must admit that on occasion hte aroma is borderline funny. I was a bad place in reading material when I bought this book and I was intrigued. This guy has on the cover a Jew,Wigger, Black, obese man, pop culture plastic pedophile thingy (guess who that is), a drunken Mick, former Klu Klux Klan member (and present Democratic senator) and, well...Howard Dean. The book elicited the occasional chuckle but for the most part it was his way of crapping on 90 liberals and more co-workers while claiming an un-biased position by throwing in 10 or so of the Right's worst nut cases. Thanks Bernie.

Wow Goldberg got all that and the others got a few sentances. Oh well, diffrent audiences.

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Topper said...

Dude, did you read #92 in 100 people who are screwing up america? It's that lying stinking bitch from my school!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home